Project title: Educating the Next generation experts in Cyber Security: the new EU-recognized Master’s program (ENGENSEC)
Project number: 544455-TEMPUS-1-2013-1-SE-TEMPUS-JPCR
Duration: 01 Dec 2013 – 30 Nov 2016
The project has been funded by the European Commission. The Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive program (EACEA), TEMPUS IV. The content of this publication reflects the opinion of the authors and the European Commission is not responsible for any use that might be made of information contained therein.
Target group: university students, teachers, IT specialized public, government, industry organizations.
List of partner organizations
1. Blekinge Institute of Technology (Karlskrona, Sweden)
2. Wroclaw University of Technology (Wroclaw, Poland)
3. University of Latvia (Riga, Latvia)
4. The German Federal Criminal Police Office (Wiesbaden, Germany)
5. University of the Aegean (Mytilene, Greece)
6. Kharkiv National University of Radio Electronics (Kharkiv, Ukraine)
7. State University of Information and Communication Technologies (Kyiv, Ukraine)
8. Lviv Polytechnic National University (Lviv, Ukraine)
9. Ukrainian Information Security Group (Kiev, Ukraine)
10. AIESEC Ukraine (Kyiv, Ukraine)
11. Kharkiv state center for information security (Kharkiv, Ukraine)
12. Scientific production association “Radio and Telecom. Systems” (Kharkiv, Ukraine)
13. Ministry of Education and Science,Youth and Sports of Ukraine (Kyiv, Ukraine)
14. Kaliningrad State Technical University (Kaliningrad, Russia)
15. P.G. Demidov Yaroslavl State University (Yaroslavl, Russia)
16. Saint Petersburg State University of Telecommunications (Saint-Petersburg, Russia)
17. Saint-Petersburg Institute for Information and Automation of the Russian Academy of Science (Saint-Petersburg, Russia)
18. Department of Informatization and communication of Yaroslavl (Yaroslavl, Russia)
19. Autonomous non-profit organization «Training center «Echelon» (Moscow, Russia)
20. «The partnership of experts of information security» (Moscow, Russia)
21. Yaroslavl regional public organization «Union of students» (Yaroslavl, Russia)
The main objective of the ENGENSEC project is to create new Master’s program in area of IT Security as a response on current and emerging cybersecurity threats by educating the next generation experts in this area, thus supporting development of e-based economics, life and society in partner countries.
The ENGENSEC proposal addressed to challenges in information society development concerned CyberSecurity and privacy in e-oriented world. This project introduce advanced Master’s curriculum in CyberSecurity to teach the next generation experts, based on previous best practices in double degree implementation among EU universities, ECTS and mutual degree recognition.
1. Defining framework of joint Master’s program
2. Cloud-based security lab development
3. Development of the joint course curriculum
4. Develop new and further develop existing courses
5. Teacher training
6. Effective quality control ensured and project management
7. Dissemination of new Master’s programs benefits
8. Give pilot courses in a summer school
9. Prepare for participating Universities to launching new Master’s program
1. Prepare well qualified professionals in emerging areas of CyberSecurity by offering recognized Double degree Master’s program.
2. Develop set courses on emerging areas of CyberSecurity addressed to Digital Forensics, Ethical Hacking, Penetration Testing, Web Security and Malware Analysis.
3. Develop a cloud-based laboratory environment, which can be used remote from partner University.
4. Establish Life Long Learning framework by offering set of training courses for specialized public and government entities focused on computer crime and computer Investigation.
5. Harmonize Bachelor programs to unify courses objectives, curriculum content, skills and knowledge requirements.
6. Define structure of the new Master’s program, create and adopt courses recognized by all consortium partners.
7. Enable student and academic staff mobility for exchanging of best practices to raise the level of international cooperation in area of CyberSecurity.
General manager: Anders Carlsson, Blekinge Institute of Technology (Karlskrona, Sweden), anders.carlsson#bth.se; tel. +se 455 385828, + se 708 178778.
Coordinator for UA partners: Arkadii Snihurov, Kharkiv National University of Radio Electronics (Kharkiv, Ukraine), email@example.com; tel. +ua 57-702-13-20.
Coordinator for RU partners: Marina Borisova, P.G. Demidov Yaroslavl State University (Yaroslavl, Russia), marinafon#yandex.ru; tel. +ru 4852 797726.