During first two days – 27th and 28th of June – students of IT Security Summer School had possibility to dip into Advanced Network and Cloud Security course. The course was lectured by professor Kurt Tutschku from Blekinge Institute of Technology, Karlskrona, Sweden. Thanks to his rich experience in telecommunication industry and educating area Kurt’s lectures were spellbinding. In his lectures prof. Tutschku pointed a lot of actual network and cloud issues, which are important for IT Security. If we know what to be protected we can protect it much better! So clear understanding of network and cloud architecture is necessary condition for success in Network and Cloud Security. Prof. Kurt Tutschku highlighted following issues:
– main trends and changes in Internet and concept of Future Internet;
– Software Defined Networks and OpenFlow protocol as basis for such networks;
– Virtualization and its role in networks and clouds, different virtualization techniques and their performance, Network Functions Virtualization;
– OpenStack Architecture and OpenClouds;
– Open vSwitch as part of SDN and cloud architecture;
– Security issues in SDN and in clouds.
We thank Kurt for the extremely useful time!